The Metropolitan Community Church of Washington, D.C., performed its first legally recognized same-sex wedding on Sunday, March 14. Will Knicely and Bob Whitman exchanged vows as senior pastor Rev. Dwayne Johnson co-officiated the ceremony with Rev. Elder Darlene Garner.
(Washington Blade Photos by Michael Key)
Michael Key has worked as a photojournalist for the Washington Blade since 2009 and is currently serving as the photo editor. He has worked on Capitol Hill, in the White House, on the campaign trail and in cities along the East Coast taking iconic photos documenting the extension of marriage benefits to same-sex couples, the repeal of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell," and other events of interest to the LGBT community. Follow Michael
- Beirut explosion nearly destroys LGBTQ group’s offices by Michael K. Lavers | posted on August 10, 2020
- PHOTOS: The Blade returns to the Deep South by Michael K. Lavers | posted on August 11, 2020
- Male staffer accuses Seat Pleasant mayor of sexual harassment by Lou Chibbaro Jr. | posted on August 11, 2020
- Norton calls on D.C. to boost prosecution of anti-LGBTQ hate crimes by Lou Chibbaro Jr. | posted on August 11, 2020
- D.C. drops Delaware from list of ‘high-risk’ states by Lou Chibbaro Jr. | posted on August 11, 2020