The Metropolitan Community Church of Washington, D.C., performed its first legally recognized same-sex wedding on Sunday, March 14. Will Knicely and Bob Whitman exchanged vows as senior pastor Rev. Dwayne Johnson co-officiated the ceremony with Rev. Elder Darlene Garner.
(Washington Blade Photos by Michael Key)
Michael Key has worked as a photojournalist for the Washington Blade since 2009 and is currently serving as the photo editor. He has worked on Capitol Hill, in the White House, on the campaign trail and in cities along the East Coast taking iconic photos documenting the extension of marriage benefits to same-sex couples, the repeal of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell," and other events of interest to the LGBT community. Follow Michael
- Witnesses clash at marathon D.C. Council hearing on bill to decriminalize sex work by Lou Chibbaro Jr. | posted on October 18, 2019
- ‘Define yourself’ — Ariadne Getty on family, philanthropy and queer activism by Kevin Sessums | posted on October 18, 2019
- BLADE 50: A 50-year gay love affair with cars by Joe Phillips | posted on October 18, 2019
- QUEERY: Brian Pitts by Joey DiGuglielmo | posted on October 18, 2019
- Today is Washington Blade Day in D.C. by Staff reports | posted on October 18, 2019