Starting Wednesday, May 27, DC Brau will begin a new campaign of giving through the sale of special Crowlers for Charity (CFC). Each week, proceeds from the sale of these 32oz cans filled with flagship brews will be donated to a designated non-profit partner. The Blade Foundation will benefit from June 10-14.
“Our non-profit partners are working hard every day to meet rising demands on their missions with far less in their coffers,” says DC Brau’s Chief Community & Culture Officer Mari Rodela. “The Crowlers for Charity program will allow us to spread the love around the community by doing a little something special for each organization in a time when everyone is struggling in one way or another to keep it all together.”
CFC crowlers will be available Wednesdays through Sundays via the brewery’s website for contactless curbside pick-up and delivery within the District. The initial line-up of Crowlers for Charity recipients includes:
- Bread for the City (https://breadforthecity.org) – week of May 27th
- SMYAL (https://smyal.org) – week of June 3rd
- The Blade Foundation (www.bladefoundation.org) – week of June 10th
- Greater DC Diaper Bank (https://greaterdcdiaperbank.org) – week of June 17th
- Think Local First DC (http://thinklocalfirstdc.org) – week of June 24th
- Heurich House Museum (https://heurichhouse.org) – week of July 1st
- Capitol Hill Arts Workshop (www.chaw.org) – week of July 8th
- Humane Rescue Alliance (www.humanerescuealliance.org) – week of July 15th
Representatives from each organization will join the DC Brau team on the brewery’s Instagram channel every Tuesday evening at 7pm for a special CFC IG Live broadcast to talk about the non-profit and chat about the programming and outreach they’re currently doing to benefit the communities they serve.
CFC crowlers are available for $8 each through DC Brau’s online shop at dcbrau.com/order. All proceeds benefit the designated charity of the week. Flagship beers eligible for CFC fills will vary depending on availability.
DC Brau has been producing award-winning craft beer at its brewery in Northeast DC since 2011. For more information, visit www.dcbrau.com and follow on social media @dcbrau.