There is a certain art to looking good, as you no doubt have discovered. It is human nature to improve ourselves in all aspects, and looking good is no exception. Many people know the behind-the-scenes tricks and tips, but do you? There are so many ways to improve almost anything on your face or body, the only secret is knowing what’s out there, and where to go.
The first important tip is to always see a board-certified dermatologist. There are several reasons for this. First, before having any cosmetic procedure you should always have your skin checked to make sure it’s healthy. Not only should you be getting an annual total body skin exam, but your dermatologist will be checking for anything suspicious while also advising you on treatments.
The great thing about seeing a dermatologist who is both medical and cosmetic is that they have the unique blend that will optimally help you look your best. For instance, our motto is “Blending Beauty with Medicine.” A good cosmetic dermatologist will be up-to-date on the latest technology, and look for ways to enhance and improve your appearance through clinically proven methods. There is no need to waste your hard-earned money in places that do not offer clinical results.
These days so many options are out there, that it’s easy to find the treatments that work for you. Look for a practice that offers variety, to get the best results. Look for practices that have many options so that you and your doctor can come up with a customized plan.
Now the fun part: How to look your best, while still looking like you? There are so many options to improve your appearance. Let’s start with the face. Here are just a few of the things you can do:
• Botox® and Dysport™: Anti-Aging / Anti-Wrinkle. Safely, simply and effectively improve the appearance of frown lines, forehead creases and “crow’s feet.”
• Dermal fillers: Restalyne, Perlane, Juvéderm, Radiesse, and Sculptra. Reverse sagging around the mouth/lips, under the eyes and plump up sunken cheeks.
• Fraxel® Laser Treatment for Skin Rejuvenation to repair sun damage, improve the tone and texture of your skin and remove years from your appearance. Treats wrinkles, irregular texture, sun spots and age spots, and acne scars.
• IPL Laser Treatment – Photo Facial / Photo Rejuvenation Therapy. Intense Pulsed Light allows physicians to treat age and sun spots with this highly effective treatment for skin conditions associated with aging, an active lifestyle and sun damage. Treats brown spots, rosacea, redness and flushing, and small facial veins, and uneven coloration.
• Thermage® treatment for a more youthful appearance. Tightens, contours and rejuvenates facial skin.
All of these are non-invasive procedures with minimal to no downtime.
What about your body? You diet, you exercise, you deny yourself dessert or the extra glass of wine, but you still have love handles that won’t budge, or a belt that keeps moving up a notch. You know about liposuction, but what if you don’t want surgery? There is a new and incredible technology called CoolSculpting by Zeltiq. It is a non-invasive and safe way to reduce fat without surgery. CoolSculpting targets fat cells, which are then eliminated through the body’s natural processes. CoolSculpting can be done in an hour, and you can return to normal activity immediately afterward, and it does not require any special diet or exercise programs. It is ideal for love handles, spare tires, and back fat.
There are so many ways to look your best, you only need to find a good cosmetic dermatologist and ask. It is an art, it is a science, and it is a passion.