Barack Obama accepted his party’s nomination for a second term at the Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, N.C. last week. Several LGBT speakers at the convention were featured and the LGBT Caucus of DNC Delegates had two well-attended meetings.
(Washington Blade photos by Michael Key)
Michael Key has worked as a photojournalist for the Washington Blade since 2009 and is currently serving as the photo editor. He has worked on Capitol Hill, in the White House, on the campaign trail and in cities along the East Coast taking iconic photos documenting the extension of marriage benefits to same-sex couples, the repeal of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell," and other events of interest to the LGBT community. Follow Michael
- Gordon Thomson, ‘Dynasty’s Adam Carrington, comes out as gay by Mariah Cooper | posted on September 25, 2017
- ‘Matilda’ star Mara Wilson says she regrets coming out after Pulse tragedy by Mariah Cooper | posted on September 25, 2017
- Study: Chronic diarrhea among top HIV/AIDS symptoms by Michael K. Lavers | posted on September 25, 2017
- Comings & Goings by Peter Rosenstein | posted on September 25, 2017
- Milo Yiannopoulos’ ‘Free Speech’ rally flops at UC Berkeley by Mariah Cooper | posted on September 25, 2017