Andrew Shepherd Green, formerly a Washington resident, died Jan. 21, according to his friend Thomas O’Connor. He was 55.
Green, who had lived with HIV for nearly 30 years, died of a gastrointestinal complication, O’Connor said. Green was gay.
A private burial was planned at Greenwood Cemetery in Brooklyn. Donations may be made to Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS.
O’Connor said Green will be remembered for his “spirit, famous letters in longhand, his calls and his humor.” He was preceded in death by his parents, Charlotte and Morris.
Joey DiGuglielmo is the Features Editor for the Washington Blade.
- ‘Storm Chasers’ star Joel Taylor’s cause of death released by Mariah Cooper | posted on June 22, 2018
- ‘Shadowhunters’ fans raise money for the Trevor Project after show cancellation by Mariah Cooper | posted on June 22, 2018
- Gay men need to be more present by Brock Thompson | posted on June 22, 2018
- Delaware politicos ‘motivated,’ not frustrated, under Trump by Blake Chambers | posted on June 22, 2018
- Comings & Goings by Peter Rosenstein | posted on June 22, 2018