Andrew Shepherd Green, formerly a Washington resident, died Jan. 21, according to his friend Thomas O’Connor. He was 55.
Green, who had lived with HIV for nearly 30 years, died of a gastrointestinal complication, O’Connor said. Green was gay.
A private burial was planned at Greenwood Cemetery in Brooklyn. Donations may be made to Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS.
O’Connor said Green will be remembered for his “spirit, famous letters in longhand, his calls and his humor.” He was preceded in death by his parents, Charlotte and Morris.
Joey DiGuglielmo is the Features Editor for the Washington Blade.
- British model Zander Hodgson comes out as gay by Mariah Cooper | posted on April 18, 2018
- Campaign seeks to expose anti-LGBT history of ‘The Real Mike Pence’ by Chris Johnson | posted on April 19, 2018
- Vigil set for Thursday in response to anti-gay attack by Lou Chibbaro Jr. | posted on April 19, 2018
- Clearasil ad criticized for stereotypical, anti-gay portrayal by Mariah Cooper | posted on April 18, 2018
- Fans slam Disney for erasing ‘bisexual’ character Shang from ‘Mulan’ remake by Mariah Cooper | posted on April 18, 2018