Andrew Shepherd Green, formerly a Washington resident, died Jan. 21, according to his friend Thomas O’Connor. He was 55.
Green, who had lived with HIV for nearly 30 years, died of a gastrointestinal complication, O’Connor said. Green was gay.
A private burial was planned at Greenwood Cemetery in Brooklyn. Donations may be made to Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS.
O’Connor said Green will be remembered for his “spirit, famous letters in longhand, his calls and his humor.” He was preceded in death by his parents, Charlotte and Morris.
Joey DiGuglielmo is the Features Editor for the Washington Blade.
- President Pence: Worse than Trump for LGBT people? by Chris Johnson | posted on May 24, 2017
- White House omits gay partner’s name from photo of NATO first spouses by Chris Johnson | posted on May 27, 2017
- Stephen Colbert’s Trump-Putin joke received more than 5,000 complaints by Mariah Cooper | posted on May 23, 2017
- World OutGames sporting events abruptly cancelled by Michael K. Lavers | posted on May 26, 2017
- Harris, Carper seek answers on LGBT omission from 2020 Census by Chris Johnson | posted on May 23, 2017