Andrew Shepherd Green, formerly a Washington resident, died Jan. 21, according to his friend Thomas O’Connor. He was 55.
Green, who had lived with HIV for nearly 30 years, died of a gastrointestinal complication, O’Connor said. Green was gay.
A private burial was planned at Greenwood Cemetery in Brooklyn. Donations may be made to Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS.
O’Connor said Green will be remembered for his “spirit, famous letters in longhand, his calls and his humor.” He was preceded in death by his parents, Charlotte and Morris.
Joey DiGuglielmo is the Features Editor for the Washington Blade.
- Tillerson declines to say whether ‘gay rights are human rights’ by Michael K. Lavers | posted on January 11, 2017
- Kerry issues formal ‘lavender scare’ apology by Michael K. Lavers | posted on January 9, 2017
- Ben Carson derides LGBT rights as ‘extra rights’ by Chris Johnson | posted on January 12, 2017
- Keith Ellison unveils LGBT plan in bid to become DNC chair by Chris Johnson | posted on January 12, 2017
- Report: Caitlyn Jenner accepts Donald Trump’s invite to inauguration by Mariah Cooper | posted on January 11, 2017