Andrew Shepherd Green, formerly a Washington resident, died Jan. 21, according to his friend Thomas O’Connor. He was 55.
Green, who had lived with HIV for nearly 30 years, died of a gastrointestinal complication, O’Connor said. Green was gay.
A private burial was planned at Greenwood Cemetery in Brooklyn. Donations may be made to Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS.
O’Connor said Green will be remembered for his “spirit, famous letters in longhand, his calls and his humor.” He was preceded in death by his parents, Charlotte and Morris.
Joey DiGuglielmo is the Features Editor for the Washington Blade.
- 2017 Best of Gay DC Finalist Voting by WBadmin | posted on September 13, 2017
- Australia advocates increasingly concerned over marriage vote opposition by Helen Parshall | posted on September 22, 2017
- Fifth Harmony’s Lauren Jauregui says she was told not to come out by Mariah Cooper | posted on September 22, 2017
- Kathy Griffin files for restraining order against CEO after anti-gay rant by Mariah Cooper | posted on September 22, 2017
- Finding balance: 6 dimensions of wellness by Kevin M. Norris | posted on June 10, 2010