BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. – A former child model alleges in a lawsuit that “X-Men” director Bryan Singer sexually abused him on several occasions.
Michael Egan III alleges in his lawsuit he filed in federal court in Hawaii on April 16 that Singer and others began to abuse him when he was 15 years old. The Associated Press reported Egan said during a Beverly Hills press conference that he received drugs and promises of becoming famous as he endured threats and sexual abuse in Hawaii and Los Angeles during the late 1990s.
Egan is seeking more than $75,000 in damages on each of the four accusations he has made against Singer. He accused three Hollywood executives – Garth Ancier, David Neuman and Gary Goddard – of being involved in a sex ring in a second lawsuit he filed on April 21.
“I could sit here as a survivor of childhood sexual abuse, and yet people want to rip into this,” Egan told reporters during a second Beverly Hills press conference, as KCAL in Los Angeles reported. “They want to spin different situations. It doesn’t make it a very pleasant thing to stand up to.”
Egan’s mother, Bonnie Mound, told reporters during the April 21 press conference that she reported the alleged abuse to the Federal Bureau of Investigation. She claimed the agency never investigated the claims.
Egan last week said Mound also reported the abuse he said Singer committed against him to the FBI and the Los Angeles Police Department.
Singer’s lawyer described the allegations as “completely fabricated.”
Singer, who is gay, has contributed money to the American Foundation for Equal Rights, the group that successfully challenged California’s Proposition 8 before the U.S. Supreme Court.