Students at Midd-West High School in Middleburg, Pa., are mourning the suicide of a freshman who ran in front of a truck at 3 a.m. Saturday morning, according to the Daily Item, a regional newspaper.
Brandon Bitner, 14, had been a victim of intense bullying students told the Item. He walked about 13 miles from his home to a busy road where he met his death. He’d left a suicide note at home.
“It was because of bullying,” Takara Jo Folk told the Item. “It was not about race or gender but they bullied him for his sexual preferences and the way he dressed. Which they wrongly accused him of.”
His death came just days after an anti-bullying assembly was held at the school. Student Briana Boyer said the students didn’t take the assembly seriously and joked about it.
- 2016 Best of Gay DC Final Voting by WBadmin | posted on September 19, 2016
- Trump fortifies anti-LGBT positions, taps Santorum as adviser by Chris Johnson | posted on September 22, 2016
- ‘Will & Grace’ releases first new ‘episode’ in 10 years by Mariah Cooper | posted on September 26, 2016
- Nick Jonas still stands as LGBT ally despite criticism by Mariah Cooper | posted on September 26, 2016
- New H&M ad features gay kiss and transgender actress by Mariah Cooper | posted on September 23, 2016