Students at Midd-West High School in Middleburg, Pa., are mourning the suicide of a freshman who ran in front of a truck at 3 a.m. Saturday morning, according to the Daily Item, a regional newspaper.
Brandon Bitner, 14, had been a victim of intense bullying students told the Item. He walked about 13 miles from his home to a busy road where he met his death. He’d left a suicide note at home.
“It was because of bullying,” Takara Jo Folk told the Item. “It was not about race or gender but they bullied him for his sexual preferences and the way he dressed. Which they wrongly accused him of.”
His death came just days after an anti-bullying assembly was held at the school. Student Briana Boyer said the students didn’t take the assembly seriously and joked about it.
- Sally Ride would be ‘shaking her head’ over new NASA chief, partner says by Chris Johnson | posted on April 23, 2018
- Kehlani explains her sexuality: ‘I’m queer not bi, not straight’ by Mariah Cooper | posted on April 23, 2018
- OBITUARY: Kevin Edson Mullen worked in property management by Joey DiGuglielmo | posted on April 23, 2018
- Shania Twain apologizes for saying she would have voted for Trump by Mariah Cooper | posted on April 23, 2018
- Janet Jackson’s State of the World Tour adds summer dates by Mariah Cooper | posted on April 23, 2018