Students at Midd-West High School in Middleburg, Pa., are mourning the suicide of a freshman who ran in front of a truck at 3 a.m. Saturday morning, according to the Daily Item, a regional newspaper.
Brandon Bitner, 14, had been a victim of intense bullying students told the Item. He walked about 13 miles from his home to a busy road where he met his death. He’d left a suicide note at home.
“It was because of bullying,” Takara Jo Folk told the Item. “It was not about race or gender but they bullied him for his sexual preferences and the way he dressed. Which they wrongly accused him of.”
His death came just days after an anti-bullying assembly was held at the school. Student Briana Boyer said the students didn’t take the assembly seriously and joked about it.
- Log Cabin to withhold endorsement from Trump by Chris Johnson | posted on October 22, 2016
- Best of Gay D.C. XV by Staff reports | posted on October 20, 2016
- Trump makes history with LGBT inclusion in acceptance speech by Chris Johnson | posted on July 22, 2016
- Trump campaign mischaracterizes ISIS as anti-gay donor to Clinton by Chris Johnson | posted on October 23, 2016
- Gaga goes low key for ‘Joanne’ by Chris Gerard | posted on October 20, 2016