Students at Midd-West High School in Middleburg, Pa., are mourning the suicide of a freshman who ran in front of a truck at 3 a.m. Saturday morning, according to the Daily Item, a regional newspaper.
Brandon Bitner, 14, had been a victim of intense bullying students told the Item. He walked about 13 miles from his home to a busy road where he met his death. He’d left a suicide note at home.
“It was because of bullying,” Takara Jo Folk told the Item. “It was not about race or gender but they bullied him for his sexual preferences and the way he dressed. Which they wrongly accused him of.”
His death came just days after an anti-bullying assembly was held at the school. Student Briana Boyer said the students didn’t take the assembly seriously and joked about it.
- Doug Jones pulls off win against Roy Moore, slays anti-LGBT candidate by Chris Johnson | posted on December 12, 2017
- Transgender woman running for Colombian Senate by Michael K. Lavers | posted on December 13, 2017
- Casa Ruby client hospitalized after attack by intruder by Lou Chibbaro Jr. | posted on December 13, 2017
- Study claims having an older brother makes men more likely to be gay by Mariah Cooper | posted on December 13, 2017
- Bermuda Senate approves same-sex marriage bill by Michael K. Lavers | posted on December 13, 2017