Students at Midd-West High School in Middleburg, Pa., are mourning the suicide of a freshman who ran in front of a truck at 3 a.m. Saturday morning, according to the Daily Item, a regional newspaper.
Brandon Bitner, 14, had been a victim of intense bullying students told the Item. He walked about 13 miles from his home to a busy road where he met his death. He’d left a suicide note at home.
“It was because of bullying,” Takara Jo Folk told the Item. “It was not about race or gender but they bullied him for his sexual preferences and the way he dressed. Which they wrongly accused him of.”
His death came just days after an anti-bullying assembly was held at the school. Student Briana Boyer said the students didn’t take the assembly seriously and joked about it.
- Trump lauds anti-LGBT think-tank as ‘titan’ in fight for America by Chris Johnson | posted on October 17, 2017
- White House denies Trump joked Pence ‘wants to hang’ gays by Chris Johnson | posted on October 18, 2017
- Ellen DeGeneres shades straight people in new segment by Mariah Cooper | posted on October 18, 2017
- Kevin de León to challenge Dianne Feinstein by Karen Ocamb | posted on October 17, 2017
- Joe Biden endorses Danica Roem by Michael K. Lavers | posted on October 18, 2017