Students at Midd-West High School in Middleburg, Pa., are mourning the suicide of a freshman who ran in front of a truck at 3 a.m. Saturday morning, according to the Daily Item, a regional newspaper.
Brandon Bitner, 14, had been a victim of intense bullying students told the Item. He walked about 13 miles from his home to a busy road where he met his death. He’d left a suicide note at home.
“It was because of bullying,” Takara Jo Folk told the Item. “It was not about race or gender but they bullied him for his sexual preferences and the way he dressed. Which they wrongly accused him of.”
His death came just days after an anti-bullying assembly was held at the school. Student Briana Boyer said the students didn’t take the assembly seriously and joked about it.
- Hearing in the works for federal ‘religious freedom’ bill by Chris Johnson | posted on May 4, 2016
- Drag star Vicki Voxx dies at 53 by Lou Chibbaro Jr. | posted on May 4, 2016
- Biking saved my life —literally by Annie Lipsitz | posted on May 5, 2016
- The glories of gay camping by Brock Thompson | posted on May 5, 2016
- Survey: LGBT voters back Clinton over Trump by 4-1 margin by Chris Johnson | posted on May 4, 2016