Students at Midd-West High School in Middleburg, Pa., are mourning the suicide of a freshman who ran in front of a truck at 3 a.m. Saturday morning, according to the Daily Item, a regional newspaper.
Brandon Bitner, 14, had been a victim of intense bullying students told the Item. He walked about 13 miles from his home to a busy road where he met his death. He’d left a suicide note at home.
“It was because of bullying,” Takara Jo Folk told the Item. “It was not about race or gender but they bullied him for his sexual preferences and the way he dressed. Which they wrongly accused him of.”
His death came just days after an anti-bullying assembly was held at the school. Student Briana Boyer said the students didn’t take the assembly seriously and joked about it.
- Transgender woman’s Trump Twitter rant goes viral by Mariah Cooper | posted on December 6, 2016
- Actress Stephanie Beatriz comes out as bisexual by Mariah Cooper | posted on July 18, 2016
- Trans Ladies Picnic on tap by Steve Charing | posted on December 7, 2016
- We moved up our wedding date after Trump win by Cody R. Barnett | posted on December 7, 2016
- Lucian Piane calls RuPaul the ‘N’ word in racist Twitter rant by Mariah Cooper | posted on November 28, 2016