2010 was an eventful year for the LGBT community in Washington. Here are some of the more enduring images in the Blade archive of events from January to June.
To see part two, click here.
(Washington Blade photos by Michael Key)
2010 Year in ReviewAlexander NicholsonAndrew SullivanAngelissa YoungAnnise ParkerBarack ObamabisexualChely WrightChristian MannDADTDan ChoiDavid CataniaDavid HallDon't Ask Don't TellDupont CircleDustin Lance BlackElena KaganFrank KamenygayGay Men's Chorus of WashingtonGays of Our LivesGleeJ. HolidayJack MackenrothJo WeilKathy GriffinLadies of TownLambda RisingLeather PridelesbianLGBTMarriage in D.C.Mike AlmyNaked Boys SingingNewsOliver SabelOlli SabelPhase 1Pride of PetsSenateSenator UdallSinjoyla TownsandThore SholermannTony PerkinsTransgender Lobby DaytransgenderedVerbotene LiebeVirginia Gold CupWashington BladeX Factor
Michael Key has worked as a photojournalist for the Washington Blade since 2009 and is currently serving as the photo editor. He has worked on Capitol Hill, in the White House, on the campaign trail and in cities along the East Coast taking iconic photos documenting the extension of marriage benefits to same-sex couples, the repeal of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell," and other events of interest to the LGBT community. Follow Michael
- Trump’s U.S. Census proposes, immediately cuts LGBT survey questions by Chris Johnson | posted on March 28, 2017
- Gay candidate launches bid for Texas congressional seat by Chris Johnson | posted on March 28, 2017
- RuPaul thinks bachelorette parties should stay out of gay bars by Mariah Cooper | posted on March 28, 2017
- Anti-trans bus to stop in D.C. next week by Michael K. Lavers | posted on March 28, 2017
- Casa Ruby fundraiser at JR.’s pulls in $17,000 by Lou Chibbaro Jr. | posted on March 28, 2017