The gay military organization Servicemembers United held a “Countdown to Repeal” celebration at Town Danceboutique on Monday night. At the end of the countdown at midnight, members and supporters cheered the end of the military’s “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” policy.
(Washington Blade photos by Michael Key)
Michael Key has worked as a photojournalist for the Washington Blade since 2009 and is currently serving as the photo editor. He has worked on Capitol Hill, in the White House, on the campaign trail and in cities along the East Coast taking iconic photos documenting the extension of marriage benefits to same-sex couples, the repeal of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell," and other events of interest to the LGBT community. Follow Michael
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg, champion of LGBTQ rights on the bench, dies at age 87 by Chris Johnson | posted on September 18, 2020
- Survey finding 45 percent of gay men back Trump is ‘clickbaity, sloppy journalism’ by Chris Johnson | posted on September 18, 2020
- Exclusive: New $1.5 million HRC ad buy blames Trump for empty queer bars by Chris Johnson | posted on September 18, 2020
- Gay man wins primary for Delaware State House seat by Lou Chibbaro Jr. | posted on September 16, 2020
- A Welcome Lifeline by Washington Regional Transplant Community | posted on September 17, 2020