The gay military organization Servicemembers United held a “Countdown to Repeal” celebration at Town Danceboutique on Monday night. At the end of the countdown at midnight, members and supporters cheered the end of the military’s “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” policy.
(Washington Blade photos by Michael Key)
Michael Key has worked as a photojournalist for the Washington Blade since 2009 and is currently serving as the photo editor. He has worked on Capitol Hill, in the White House, on the campaign trail and in cities along the East Coast taking iconic photos documenting the extension of marriage benefits to same-sex couples, the repeal of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell," and other events of interest to the LGBT community. Follow Michael
- HUD proposes rule change to gut trans protections at homeless shelters by Chris Johnson | posted on May 22, 2019
- CARTOON: ‘Count on us to help’ by ranslem | posted on May 22, 2019
- Human Rights Campaign close to naming next president: sources by Chris Johnson | posted on May 22, 2019
- Can Democrats criticize without ‘trashing’ each other? by Peter Rosenstein | posted on May 21, 2019
- Out hip-hop artist/arapper MarcWayne readies D.C. Black Pride performance by Joey DiGuglielmo | posted on May 22, 2019