The gay military organization Servicemembers United held a “Countdown to Repeal” celebration at Town Danceboutique on Monday night. At the end of the countdown at midnight, members and supporters cheered the end of the military’s “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” policy.
(Washington Blade photos by Michael Key)
Michael Key has worked as a photojournalist for the Washington Blade since 2009 and is currently serving as the photo editor. He has worked on Capitol Hill, in the White House, on the campaign trail and in cities along the East Coast taking iconic photos documenting the extension of marriage benefits to same-sex couples, the repeal of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell," and other events of interest to the LGBT community. Follow Michael
- Barr hints at continuing anti-LGBT policies at Trump Justice Department by Chris Johnson | posted on January 16, 2019
- Grindr shutters its digital publication Into by Mariah Cooper | posted on January 16, 2019
- ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ casts two trans actors by Mariah Cooper | posted on January 16, 2019
- ‘Family Guy’ will ‘phase out’ gay jokes by Mariah Cooper | posted on January 16, 2019
- Lee Daniels is making a gay superhero film with D.C. viral star by Mariah Cooper | posted on January 16, 2019