The gay military organization Servicemembers United held a “Countdown to Repeal” celebration at Town Danceboutique on Monday night. At the end of the countdown at midnight, members and supporters cheered the end of the military’s “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” policy.
(Washington Blade photos by Michael Key)
Michael Key has worked as a photojournalist for the Washington Blade since 2009 and is currently serving as the photo editor. He has worked on Capitol Hill, in the White House, on the campaign trail and in cities along the East Coast taking iconic photos documenting the extension of marriage benefits to same-sex couples, the repeal of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell," and other events of interest to the LGBT community. Follow Michael
- EXCLUSIVE: Melania Trump wanted WH lit up in rainbow colors for Pride Month by Chris Johnson | posted on November 24, 2020
- Bill would direct State Department to review ‘lavender scare’ firings by Michael K. Lavers | posted on November 24, 2020
- Rep. Maloney: Don’t blame Biden if McConnell ‘acts like a dinosaur’ by Chris Johnson | posted on November 25, 2020
- Whitman-Walker to open exhibition on D.C. LGBTQ history by Lou Chibbaro Jr. | posted on November 24, 2020
- Trump’s attempted coup equals more death by Peter Rosenstein | posted on November 24, 2020