November 17, 2011 at 12:58 pm EST | by Staff reports
Police Log: November 18
The D.C. Metropolitan Police Department’s Gay & Lesbian Liaison Unit participated in the following investigations:
- On Nov. 12 in the area around Dupont Circle and Massachusetts Avenue, N.W., a man reported that he was robbed. The suspect fled the area before the police arrived.
- On Nov. 12 in the 5000 block of Jay Street, N.E., members of the 6th District were called for a domestic violence assault. A woman stated that she was in an argument with her girlfriend that escalated when the suspect pushed her to the ground and began scratching her and hitting her. The suspect was arrested on the scene.
- On Nov. 13 in the 1100 block of Howard Road, S.E., a man reported that while walking in the listed location, he was approached by two known suspects who assaulted and robbed him of his property. The suspects then fled the scene.
- On Nov. 11, a man reported that he was involved in a verbal argument with his mother over house chores. The police were called. A report was taken and resource agency information was provided.
- On Nov. 9, two complainants reported that while in the 500 block of 13th Street, N.W., two suspects started yelling homophobic epithets at them. One suspect brandished a knife and the other threatened the victims with bodily harm. One suspect was placed under arrest and charged with assault with a dangerous weapon. A warrant for threats is pending for the other suspect’s arrest.