Well, at least the President said ‘gay’ last night in the State of the Union. Here are five more things you will want to talk about today:
- Ben Smith over at BuzzFeed reports that gay Republican candidate for President, Fred Karger, has been denied booth space at the CPAC Conservative convention. Now what would make them want to go and do that?
- Thousands of people have signed a Change.org petition demanding conservative Catholic California college Pepperdine allow an LGBT student group to form.
- Cynthia Nixon continues to step in it: She’s shaved her head for ‘Wit,’ on Broadway, and she says she doesn’t want to identify as bisexual because bisexual is a dirty word.
- In the Advocate, Columbia’s high court has agreed to hear the case of an American man blocked from leaving the country after adopting two children there.
- Have we lost the Midwest’s most prominent LGBT library named for Henry Gerber, America’s first gay rights activist? They won’t answer the Windy City Times‘ question. Mighty suspicious.
Remember the handsome ‘regular guy’ Mr. Randy Phillips, the airman who came out to his dad on YouTube over the phone while on his tour of duty? He’s doing the AIDS LifeCycle and he wants your help.
Thanks to Karen Ocamb for locating this.