This all of the news we will forget about when the Ninth Circuit court of appeals Prop 8 decision comes at around 1:00 p.m. today Eastern:
- St. Petersburg, Russia is preparing to ban for LGBT people what Americans would consider First Amendment rights, according to Towleroad.
- From the Philadelphia Inquirer: CNN correspondent Roland Martin continues to dig himself into a deeper and deeper hole.
- The Smoking Gun has video of a brutal daylight anti-gay beating in an Atlanta neighborhood by alleged gang members. Warning: the video is incredibly disturbing.
- Campus Pride awards LGBT campus activists for making colleges around the country better for people of all sexual orientations and gender identities.
- Madonna announced her tour dates today, and she’ll be in D.C. on Sep. 23. JoeMyGod has all the dates.
Finally, a report from Uganda television on the start of the new Parliamentary session where the “Kill The Gays” bill will return, despite assurances it was dead, earlier this year.
Learn more about the current incarnation of the “Kill The Gays” bill from our friends at Box Turtle Bulletin.