March 2, 2012 at 10:13 am EST | by WBadmin
Police log: March 2
The D.C. Metropolitan Police Department’s Gay & Lesbian Liaison Unit participated in the following investigations:
- On Feb. 20 in the Unit block of Forrester Street, S.E., a man reported that he and another man were in a verbal argument with a suspect over a noise complaint. During this dispute, a suspect brandished a handgun and tried to force his way into their residence. The suspect was later arrested.
- On Feb. 19 in the 1200 block of Vermont Street, N.W., a man reported that he and two suspects left a local nightclub together in one suspect’s vehicle to drive the victim to his vehicle, which was located in the 1200 block of Vermont Avenue, N.W. They became involved in a verbal altercation and once they got to the vehicle, the suspect attacked. The suspect punched the victim about the face, head and body and removed property from him, then jumped back into a vehicle and fled in an unknown direction.
- On Feb. 23, in the 700 block of Upshur Street, N.W., a man reported that while walking in the block he observed several males on the opposite side of the sidewalk. The males made homophobic remarks toward him. Two suspects assaulted him and threw him to the ground and took his property. The suspects were stopped by police and arrested.
- On Feb. 19, in the 1800 block of 13th Street, N.W., a complainant and the suspect were engaged in a verbal argument. The suspect sprayed the victim with pepper spray and then struck the victim with a bottle. The suspect was arrested on scene.
- On Feb. 19, in the 2300 block of Green Street, S.E., a complainant got into an argument with the suspect. The argument escalated and the suspect shoved the victim and punched him in the face. The two are in a domestic relationship. The case closed with the arrest of the suspect.