File this under “shocking”: Raw Story calls our attention to yet another study showing that self-professed homophobes smolder with homo-yes desires. Many of my gay Republican friends have always said the best place to have a brief but passionate fling is the Republican National Convention. Just makes me chuckle. Now here’s the news:
- JoeMyGod tells us that a Catholic Charities board member quit after New York Cardinal Timothy Dolan answered with a curt and accusatory reply the pleas for peace and understanding from the director of an LGBT homeless youth shelter.
- Colorado State freshmen claim they were jumped by members of the football team hurling not only fists and kicks, but homophobic slurs, says Outsports.
- The Liberian Government has finally spoken up for the LGBT people in that west African nation, saying they will prosecute the publishers of a list of names and addresses of LGBT people paired with death threats, says Think Progress.
- The White House is looking for pro-equality home movies from LGBT people in time for Pride, says GoodAsYou.
- Think Progress says in Maine, anti-gay foes distribute a “Sodomy-based marriage” truth pledge, in which signers pledge to always call our marriages “sodomy-based.” A phrase which causes actual gay married couples who have been together for years look at one another and burst out laughing.
Finally, here is the latest marriage news watch from Matt Baume and the good people at American Foundation for Equal Rights — the organization behind the Federal case against Prop 8, ‘Perry v. Brown.’
BONUS: Happy 100th birthday to Mattachine Society founder Harry Hay (via LGBTPOV)!