Three things from across the continent in California before we start out: 1) Governor Jerry Brown signed a bill “ensuring equal access to fertility services for same-sex couples” according to NCLR, 2) Gov. Brown, according to the Chronicle, also signed a bill making reparative therapy illegal for minors — huge — and 3) CBS reports Arnold officiated a same-sex marriage for his lesbian chief of staff in the Governor’s office while he held that title in California, possibly while it was briefly legal to do so in that state. Yeah its that kind of morning. Now here’s the rest of the news:
- What’s missing in the ads supporting same-sex marriage in the four states voting on the issue next month? How about same-sex couples.
- The Telegraph reports a Hong Kong billionaire is offering a £40 million dowry to the man who can woo his daughter into marriage. The only problem? She’s already in a civil partnership with a woman.
- The Sacramento Bee reports that former ’90s gay porn star Ryan Idol is getting 12 years in prison for the attempted murder of his ex-girlfriend. She dumped him after she caught him with another guy, and he didn’t take that well. Oh the tangled web some weave.
- Its a different world for sports fans than it was back in the days of John Rocker: HuffPo reports Yunel Escobar was booed during the line-up announcement of his first home game back after a three game suspension following the painting “You are a fag” in Spanish on his eye black.
- Gay MSNBC anchor Thomas Roberts got married, and Don Lemon tweeted about it (and JoeMyGod blogged about the tweet).
VIDEO | Honey Boo Boo’s “everybody’s a little gay” has officially been autotuned.