Jussie Smollett is the new spokesperson for Pepsi with the commercial airing for the first time on Wednesday.
The “Empire” star dances along with fellow passengers on the New York City subway before cracking open a Pepsi. Smollett and his character Jamal Lyon share more than the same face. Lyon is also the Pepsi spokesperson in his “Empire” universe.
The song “Ready To Go” was produced by hitmaker Swizz Beatz. However, on “Empire” the same song is also used although for Lyon, his song was produced by his mother and father Lucious and Cookie Lyon.
In the mid-season finale of “Empire”, Lyon’s and Smollett’s Pepsi commercial premiered for the television world and real world respectively. One of Lyon’s storylines this season dealt with him competing to become the new Pepsi spokesperson. Lee Daniels, who created “Empire”, directs the commercial.
Other celebrities to endorse Pepsi include Britney Spears, Mariah Carey, Michael Jackson and Aretha Franklin.
“Empire” returns this March.
— Pepsi™ (@pepsi) December 3, 2015
- Va. House approves bill to repeal same-sex marriage ban by Philip Van Slooten | posted on January 28, 2020
- Star of queer Guatemalan drama 'Jose' denied US entry for film's premiere by John Paul King | posted on January 28, 2020
- ‘Misc. fetish,’ my first weekend at MAL by Brock Thompson | posted on January 28, 2020
- Former executive director of Orlando LGBTQ community center dies by Michael K. Lavers | posted on January 28, 2020
- The Washington Examiner’s leather problem by Leonard Robinson III | posted on January 28, 2020