August 23, 2018 at 1:28 pm EST | by Staff reports
LA DA looks at 2nd sexual assault charge against Kevin Spacey
Kevin Spacey, gay news, Washington Blade

Kevin Spacey  (Photo by Vonora; courtesy Bigstock)

Los Angeles County District Attorney Jackie Lacey’s office is reviewing another criminal case against actor Kevin Spacey. Late Wednesday afternoon, a DA spokesperson confirmed to the Los Angeles Blade that the Entertainment Industry Sex Crimes Task Force has received a new sexual assault case against the two-time Oscar-winning actor. The spokesperson declined to provide further details about the case or state when the criminal complaint had been submitted by LA County Sheriff’s Department investigators.

The case submitted Tuesday is the second case against Spacey filed this year. Sheriff’s investigators presented the first case to the DA’s Entertainment Industry Sex Crimes Task Force for review last April 5. A spokesperson for the LA County Sheriff’s Department told the Los Angeles Blade at the time that the department opened its criminal investigation into sexual assault allegations against Spacey on Dec 11, 2017.

Sheriff’s Department spokesperson Nicole Nishida told the LA Times that “the events were reported to have taken place in October of 1992 in West Hollywood involving a male adult.” However, the Times reports, the date of the alleged incident may test prosecution under the Oct. 2016 California law eliminating the statute of limitations for rape.

The actor, who was fired from Netflix’s “House of Cards” over the allegations, is still under investigation both in the U.S. as well as in the U.K. for similar alleged crimes after six men came forward accusing Spacey of sexual assault while he was living and working in London.

The first person to come forward with an allegation was “Star Trek: Discovery” star Anthony Rapp, who claimed Spacey made sexual advances toward him in his New York apartment in 1986 when Rapp was 14 years old. Spacey responded to that accusation with a highly controversial statement, but has remained silent over subsequent allegations and investigations.

This past weekend Spacey’s latest movie, “Billionaire Boys Club,” took in only $126 after it’s Friday debut, opening in only eight theatres across the United States. As of Monday, the film grossed a total of $618. 

Reporting by The Los Angeles Times, The Hollywood Reporter, and the staff of the Los Angeles Blade

Comments are closed
© Copyright Brown, Naff, Pitts Omnimedia, Inc. 2018. All rights reserved.