Forget about AfterEllen.com’s Glee Season 4 spoilers, or the Daytime Emmy win for Chandler Massey’s gay ‘Days of Our Lives’ portrayal; Cher’s writing a Broadway show about her life. Get. Totally. Into. It. No joke. Now some more serious news:
- Raw Story brings us a terrible story about a young lesbian couple in Texas found shot. One of the two died from her wounds, the other is fighting for her life. No motive or suspect right now, but we’ll keep you posted.
- Things don’t seem to be settling down for the gay activists who gave the birdie to a portrait of Ronald Reagan hanging in the White House, says the Philly Post.
- Gad Beck, the last known gay Jewish Holocaust survivor has passed away at 88 in Berlin, says the Jerusalem Post. (h/t Towleroad)
- Outsports tells us Swedish Olympic gold medal skier Anja Pärson told radio program Sommar that she has been in a relationship with a woman for five years.
- Towleroad tells us the float driver for the AIDS Taskforce of Greater Cleveland ditched the group when he found out he was driving in a Pride Parade this weekend, leaving them with no float. Totally not cool.
VIDEO | Matt Baume’s Marriage News Watch on David Blankenhorn’s flip:
Also, I’m PARTICULARLY proud of the Washington Renegades making it all the way to the semi-finals earlier this month at the international biannual gay rugby championship, Bingham Cup, in Manchester. Here is a great shot on Outsports of some of my team mates about to make a big hit (we’re in blue without green). Look at the terror in eyes of the dude carrying the ball! :-) Great job, gents!