Its Slurpee day! Speaking of chilly reception, Towleroad says Rep. Barney Frank, who married this weekend, says that — while they’ve not said bad things to him — House Republicans failed to show to the wedding or publicly congratulate him. At least he’s not a Texas Democrat: Dallas Voice says that most of them are passing on the opportunity we reported on earlier this week to fight the anti-gay elephant in Congress’s room, the Defense of Marriage Act. Now here’s all the queer news that fit to regurgitate in bullet form:
- Autostraddle tells us about the movie taking Bangladesh by storm: ‘Common Gender,’ a Bollywood film about a love story between a “hijra” and a Hindu boy.
- Maybe fashion designer Calvin Klein is just so incredible in bed, that his ex-boyfriend Nick Gruber knew he could never be satisfied by another man again. Well, for whatever reason he may have, Queerty says that Gruber is back with girls (and a Girls Gone Wild girl at that). How sad, he purrty.
- Google tells us more about that ‘Legalise Love’ conference and campaign, where they hope to eradicate anti-gay laws in the nations where they have offices so “all of our employees have the same inclusive experience outside of the office as they do at work.”
- Is Canada more queer (per capita) than the U.S.? A new poll says yes: 5% in the general population and (read to the bottom, talk about a buried lead) 10% of those 18-34 say “Yes I Am” like Melissa Etheridge, says the National Post.
- Queerty says both queeresque pop icon Lady Gaga and feisty gay porn king Michael Lucas are launching their own social networks. So yeah, that’s happening.
VIDEO | New Frank Ocean performance on Jimmy Fallon debuts new queer love song, first TV performance ever for the newly out rising R&B powerhouse on his first full solo project outside of Odd Future. And its gorgeous. I mean effing gorgeous. Its your new favorite song, no joke.
“I could never make him love me. I could never make him love me.” Yes, I’m playing this on repeat all day.
Tonight, our friends at Outrage recommend ‘iCandy’ ladies night at MOVA, ‘Smart Ass Trivia’ at Nellie’s, ‘New Meat’ amateur stripper audition at Ziegfeld’s/Secrets or Cobalt karaoke if you need to get over your hump day.