Louise Pratt is an Australian Senator from the Labor party who also happens to have a partner that is transgender. Yesterday she was filmed giving a very emotional floor speech to the Australian legislative body calling equal marriage “personal” for her, as her country considers legalizing same-sex marriage. Hopefully her words don’t fall on deaf ears. Now here’s the news:
- Its official: Madonna loves Lady Gaga and wants to perform live with her. I’ve been saying for some time now they need to go on tour together. Imagine how amazing that show would be.
- Something called a One Direction’s Louis Tomlinson thinks gay rumors are “bullsh*t” but won’t deny that he’s gay blah blah blah. Same old, same old.
- Outsports says German Chancellor Angela Merkel tells gay soccer player not to fear coming out.
- An awesome Cook County prosecutor was stabbed while defending a gay couple from an attack in Chicago, according to Towleroad.
- David Cecil, the producer of a Ugandan play that hits on the tabu topic of being gay, has been freed after being jailed, but is now awaiting a trial, and the Ugandan government is still really really really really terrible to not only gay people but even those people that don’t want to be as really terrible to gay people as they are, which sucks.
VIDEO | In response to a GetEQUAL protest at the Value Voters Summit an attendee shouted “Your lack of values are killing us — you spread AIDS everywhere.” See it at :10.