PORTLAND — Jadin Bell, 15, who was taken off life support last week, died from injuries sustained when he hung himself from a play structure at La Grande Central Elementary School.
Bell’s story made headlines after the high school sophomore attempted suicide after complaining of bullying to a school counselor. Friends expressed shock at the suicide, however, saying that aside from the bullying, Bell — a star student and member of the cheer squad — seemed otherwise happy and well adjusted.
Bell walked into a room “and filled it with fresh air,” longtime family friend Bud Hill told the Oregonian. “He had so much life, and he loved sharing it. He had the knack to say the right thing to pick up your spirits.”
However, sources tell news blog Raw Story that Jadin was unhappy at school and had repeatedly asked his parents to allow him to be home schooled.
- Transgender woman’s Trump Twitter rant goes viral by Mariah Cooper | posted on December 6, 2016
- Actress Stephanie Beatriz comes out as bisexual by Mariah Cooper | posted on July 18, 2016
- Trans Ladies Picnic on tap by Steve Charing | posted on December 7, 2016
- We moved up our wedding date after Trump win by Cody R. Barnett | posted on December 7, 2016
- Lucian Piane calls RuPaul the ‘N’ word in racist Twitter rant by Mariah Cooper | posted on November 28, 2016