Well, sadly, some follow up: the Uganda “Kill the Gays” bill is back, and Box Turtle Bulletin notes that the media — even the gay media — has some facts incorrect when it comes to whether or not the bill still prescribes the death penalty in some cases (which it does). Here is the rest of what we will be talking about today:
- Pam’s House Blend: Is the Federal Air Marshal Service a homophobic “old boys club?”
- “It Gets Better” founder and columnist Dan Savage was in Alaska to help LGBT advocates there push for an effort to add gender identity and sexual orientation to the non-discrimination statute in Anchorage.
- HuffPo reports on yet another binational same-sex couple that has successfully fought being split up by a deportation.
- Though same-sex marriage has been legal in Iowa for two years, same-sex couples having kids are having a tough time with outdated health department paperwork on birth and death certificates, according to Change.org.
- Many legally married same-sex couples in states that recognize their unions are refusing to lie on tax forms this year, according to HuffPo.
Finally, a very moving video by friend of the Blade Sean Chapin out of California, compiled from footage and audio from the San Francisco rally following the release of the 9th Circuit Court affirmation of Judge Walker’s 2010 decision in Perry v. Schwarzenegger (now Perry v. Brown) striking down Prop 8, the voter-approved law that bars same-sex marriage in the Golden State.
What are your reactions to Prop 8 being found unconstitutional?