Empire State Pride Agenda has had some rocky times lately, and now they’ve selected as their new Executive Director Nathan Schaefer, the 31 year old Public Policy director of the equally shaky Gay Men’s Health Crisis, according to Gay City News. However, Schaefer was quick to remark pushing a trans non-discrimination law would be his top priority in the coming months, which will be a welcome signal for activists around the state. Alright, that’s enough of the boring stuff, here’s the juice!
- Zac Efron is just as convinced as many of you that someday he will be gay… on screen.
- A Fox News radio affiliate in Reno Nevada dropped Sean Savoy’s show because he interviewed a Texas gay activist, and now advertisers are dropping the station. Oh and now Sean also came out as gay and has a new station (awesome)!
- The Bay Area Reporter says that some people have been taking San Francisco’s liberal acceptance of legal public nudity too far by accentuating their family jewels with cock rings, and now a gay San Francisco City Supervisor wants to ban the shiny rings.
- Also, the Castro neighborhood’s Gold’s Gym affiliate promised their customers to drop the parent company last year, after it was revealed the billionaire who owns Gold’s gave millions to Karl Rove and other anti-gay causes. Technorati is reporting “Promise Kept:” now they’re ‘Fitness S.F.‘
- Finally, in a massively historic step, the Seattle Times Editorial Page is launching a social media campaign to drum up support for the upcoming ballot initiative, Referendum 74, which will save the state’s same-sex marriage law. [taps foot, crosses arms, stares at Baltimore Sun.]
That’s all folks!
Go ahead and study your flow chart (be a gay marriage WHIZ at your next cocktail party!)