SMYAL hosts its Fall Brunch at Marriott Marquis (901 Massachusetts Ave., N.W.) on Sunday, Nov. 5 from 10:30 a.m.-2 p.m.
There will be an open bar cocktail reception with Nellie’s Sports Bar bloody Marys and Duplex Diner mimosas, a three-course brunch and a silent auction. Gavin Grimm will receive the Communicate Advocate Award and the Dupont Social Club and Stonewall Sports will receive the Todd Peterson Award. Fall Brunch Chairs Gary Duke and Rebecca Miller will also make appearances. NBC4 anchor Wendy Rieger will emcee the event. Registration is at 10 a.m. followed by the cocktail reception and silent auction at 10:30 a.m. The seated brunch begins at noon.
General admission tickets are $150. Admiral level tickets with preferred seating are $250. For more information, visit smyal.org/brunch.
- D.C. police: Death at MAL host hotel due to natural causes by Lou Chibbaro Jr. | posted on January 21, 2020
- Anti-LGBTQ sermon delivered at church Pence attended for MLK Day by Chris Johnson | posted on January 21, 2020
- N.J. becomes ninth state to ban 'gay panic' defense by Chris Johnson | posted on January 21, 2020
- RuPaul set to host SNL by John Paul King | posted on January 21, 2020
- Va. Senate passes four LGBTQ rights bills by Philip Van Slooten | posted on January 21, 2020