SMYAL hosts its Fall Brunch at Marriott Marquis (901 Massachusetts Ave., N.W.) on Sunday, Nov. 5 from 10:30 a.m.-2 p.m.
There will be an open bar cocktail reception with Nellie’s Sports Bar bloody Marys and Duplex Diner mimosas, a three-course brunch and a silent auction. Gavin Grimm will receive the Communicate Advocate Award and the Dupont Social Club and Stonewall Sports will receive the Todd Peterson Award. Fall Brunch Chairs Gary Duke and Rebecca Miller will also make appearances. NBC4 anchor Wendy Rieger will emcee the event. Registration is at 10 a.m. followed by the cocktail reception and silent auction at 10:30 a.m. The seated brunch begins at noon.
General admission tickets are $150. Admiral level tickets with preferred seating are $250. For more information, visit smyal.org/brunch.
- Miley Cyrus describes what it’s like being a queer person in a ‘hetero relationship’ by Mariah Cooper | posted on February 22, 2019
- Judge again rules against State Department in intersex passport applicant case by Michael K. Lavers | posted on February 22, 2019
- W. Va. lawmaker criticized for comparing LGBT people to the KKK by Lou Chibbaro Jr. | posted on February 22, 2019
- Janet Mock files for divorce from husband after three years by Mariah Cooper | posted on February 22, 2019
- Adam Lambert releases new track about his mental health struggle by Mariah Cooper | posted on February 22, 2019