SMYAL hosts its Fall Brunch at Marriott Marquis (901 Massachusetts Ave., N.W.) on Sunday, Nov. 5 from 10:30 a.m.-2 p.m.
There will be an open bar cocktail reception with Nellie’s Sports Bar bloody Marys and Duplex Diner mimosas, a three-course brunch and a silent auction. Gavin Grimm will receive the Communicate Advocate Award and the Dupont Social Club and Stonewall Sports will receive the Todd Peterson Award. Fall Brunch Chairs Gary Duke and Rebecca Miller will also make appearances. NBC4 anchor Wendy Rieger will emcee the event. Registration is at 10 a.m. followed by the cocktail reception and silent auction at 10:30 a.m. The seated brunch begins at noon.
General admission tickets are $150. Admiral level tickets with preferred seating are $250. For more information, visit smyal.org/brunch.
- Giuliani, sleazy former mayor, now consigliere to the dregs by Peter Rosenstein | posted on December 12, 2019
- The arc of Michael Weinstein’s moral outrage by Karen Ocamb | posted on December 12, 2019
- 'Schitt's Creek' drops trailer for farewell season by John Paul King | posted on December 12, 2019
- Cast talks ‘L Word’ reboot at LA premiere by Susan Hornik | posted on December 12, 2019
- QUEERY: Kathi Wolfe by Joey DiGuglielmo | posted on December 12, 2019