July 19, 2012 at 2:58 pm EDT | by WBadmin
Police log: July 20
The D.C. Metropolitan Police Department’s Gay & Lesbian Liaison Unit participated in the following investigations:
- On July 9, in the 1900 block of Q Street, N.W., two men were having a conversation about another person finding one of the men attractive. The suspect became upset and struck the victim on the left side of his face and pushed him twice against a tree, causing bruising to the left side of his face and abrasions to the right side of his back and right arm. The suspect fled the scene westbound on Q Street, N.W. The two are in a domestic relationship. The suspect was arrested.
- On July 7, in the 2900 block of P Street, S.E., a woman was involved in a verbal altercation with her girlfriend. The suspect then assaulted the victim. The case was closed with arrest.
- On July 7, in the 1400 block of Channing Street, N.E., members of the 5th district requested GLLU for notification for a pending investigation that involves an alleged bias element.
- On July 7, in the 3100 block of 14th Street, N.W., a man was working the front desk at the listed location. The suspect tried to take a basketball and the victim told him he had to sign it out first. The suspect threatened the victim with bodily harm and used homophobic and racist language toward him then reached over the desk and slapped his hand. The case remains open.
- On July 7, in the 3500 block of 18th Street, S.E., a woman reported that she broke up a fight between two neighbors. The woman then reported that a suspect turned on her and began fighting her. She then retreated to her apartment at which time the attacker kicked at her door, yelled at her to come back outside, and threw a chair and broke her kitchen window. The suspect was placed under arrest for destruction of property.
- On July 8, in the 200 block of 14th Street, S.E., a man reported that unknown suspect(s) spraypainted homophobic slurs on his vehicle and his front right passenger tire had been slashed as well. The case remains open.
- On July 8, in the Unit block of Chesapeake Street, S.W., a complainant reported that a suspect pushed out the window A/C unit to enter the victim’s apartment and struck the victim with a stick. The suspect fled the scene. The two have a prior domestic relationship. The case remains open.