September 4, 2012 at 10:06 am EDT | by Phil Reese
Fast Five Fix: Sep 4
Hope you had a great holiday weekend — I know we sure did. Here are the five stories you need to know about:
- Hank Williams Jr. has a problem with “queer guitar pickers” and how much “Muslim” Obama “loves gays,” says the Dallas Morning News.
- Stevie Wonder is apologizing after also making some ill-advised remarks following a question about out young R&B singer Frank Ocean, according to Towleroad, saying that some people who think they are gay are just “confused.”
- According to the Windy City Times, Chicago’s HIV/AIDS STD and LGBTQ health clinic, Howard Brown, has lost their President and CEO in yet another setback in years of bad luck and bad press for the clinic.
- The Advocate reports a California AIDS/HIV service center focusing on the latino community was ousted by their landlords 48 hours after moving to a new location, after the landlord says they’ve brought “disease” into the building.
- Finally, if you weren’t in Rehoboth this past Sunday, you missed a fabulously good time at the annual drag volleyball tournament.