Happy Valentines day to all you same-sex couples fighting for recognition in New Jersey and Washington, and ‘White Collar’ star Matt Bomer who came out Sunday by thanking his partner Simon Halls at an awards ceremony. Happy Singles Awareness day to the rest of us, and maybe if I’m lucky, Australian rugby referee Matt Cecchin, whom I’d gladly un-single if he’s available. Now the news:
- The UK’s leading gay activist seems to have outed Whitney Houston as bisexual, according to Pink Paper.
- ThinkProgress reports that LGBT activists are encouraging one another to shop at JCPenny more now that anti-gay groups are threatening boycotts over Ellen.
- According to the Houston Chronicle, LGBT activists in that city are pushing for a non-discrimination ordinance that bans discrimination against sexual orientation in employment, housing and public accommodations, as well as repeals a ban on offering domestic partnership benefits. Activists are hopeful in this city that has twice elected a lesbian mayor.
- Towleroad chronicles the back and forth tiff between SiriusXM “shock jock” Howard Stern and former GOP Presidential nomination candidate, Michele Bachmann.
- A New York City gay sports bar is fighting a neighborhood group headed by a young, gay former standout athlete attempting to keep the bar from opening near a school, according to Outsports.com.
Now watch Maggie Gallagher vs. comedian Deven Green’s Betty Bowers character: