The Virginia Opera presents a production of “The Flying Dutchman” featuring gay tenor Corey Bix at George Mason University’s Center for the Arts (4373 Mason Pond Dr., Fairfax, Va.) on Saturday, April 23 at 8 p.m. and Sunday, April 24 at 2 p.m.
The opera tells the story of a woman (Christina Pier) who falls in love with a cursed sea captain (Wayne Tigges) in a small fishing village in 1800s Norway. A 40-voice chorus will back up the production as well as the Richmond Symphony Orchestra. This is Virginia Opera’s final performance of the season. The performance will be sung in German with English subtitles.
Tickets range from $48-98. For more information, visit vaopera.org.
- Coming soon: the 'International Male' documentary you never knew you needed by John Paul King | posted on December 5, 2019
- Netflix delivers trailer for RuPaul's new show by John Paul King | posted on December 4, 2019
- Mary Washington: It's 'time to stand up and fight for' Baltimore by Michael K. Lavers | posted on December 4, 2019
- Philippines president appoints transgender woman to government by Michael K. Lavers | posted on December 5, 2019
- 10 great kinda-sorta Christmas movies for your holiday viewing by Joey DiGuglielmo | posted on December 4, 2019