The Virginia Opera presents a production of “The Flying Dutchman” featuring gay tenor Corey Bix at George Mason University’s Center for the Arts (4373 Mason Pond Dr., Fairfax, Va.) on Saturday, April 23 at 8 p.m. and Sunday, April 24 at 2 p.m.
The opera tells the story of a woman (Christina Pier) who falls in love with a cursed sea captain (Wayne Tigges) in a small fishing village in 1800s Norway. A 40-voice chorus will back up the production as well as the Richmond Symphony Orchestra. This is Virginia Opera’s final performance of the season. The performance will be sung in German with English subtitles.
Tickets range from $48-98. For more information, visit vaopera.org.
- Current law vs. Equality Act vs. Fairness for All Act — What’s the differences? by Chris Johnson | posted on March 1, 2021
- Gay asylum seeker in Mexico receives date to enter U.S. by Michael K. Lavers | posted on March 1, 2021
- Bill to ban LGBTQ panic defense in Va. clears final hurdle by Philip Van Slooten | posted on March 1, 2021
- Embattled Golden Globes scramble for show of diversity by John Paul King | posted on March 2, 2021
- Multicultural Womxn’s Conference runs March 1-5 by Philip Van Slooten | posted on March 2, 2021