Let’s start with the bears. Now that Town is closed, several other venues have started Friday night bear happy hour events. It’s a long D.C. Friday evening tradition that goes back to DIK Bar and Titan.
Bear Happy Hour, which has been around about six years, is at the Rock & Roll Hotel (1353 H St., N.E.) is every Friday evening from 6-10 p.m. No cover. Details at bearnonsense.com.
WOOF! Happy Hour is every Friday from 5-11 p.m. at the D.C. Eagle (3701 Benning Rd., N.E.) with free pizza at 7:30 p.m., no cover before 9:30 p.m. and drink specials. Details at dceagle.com.
Otter Happy Hour by TRADE and Otter Den is every Friday from 5-10 p.m. at TRADE (1410 14th St., N.W.). No cover. Details at tradebardc.com.
D.C. Bear Crue’s Bear Happy Hour is every Friday evening from 5-10 p.m. at UPROAR Lounge and Restaurant (639 Florida Ave., N.W.). Details at dcbearcrue.com.
Other events of note throughout the summer include:
• Drag Brunch is every Sunday from 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. at Nellie’s Sports Bar (900 U St., N.W.). Tickets are $45.21.
• The Shenandoah Valley Pride Festival is Saturday, July 21, from 2-8 p.m. In Court Square in Harrisonburg, Va. Details at shenandoahvalleypride.org.
• City Winery (1350 Okie St., N.E.) has its Rooftop Vino and Vinyasa event featuring Ashley Binetti leading a 50-minute flow class on Saturday, July 21 from 10:30 a.m.-noon. Tickets are $15. Details at citywinery.com.
• Lawyers for SMYAL is Wednesday, July 25 at 6:30 p.m. at 555 13th St., N.W. Tickets at app.etapestry.com.
• Night OUT at the Washington Kastles is Thursday, July 26 at 7 p.m. at the Charles E. Smith Center (600 22nd St., N.W.). Prices vary. Details at groupmatics.events.
• Jay Z and Beyonce bring their On the Run Tour II to FedExField (1600 Fedex Way, Landover, Md.) July 27-28. Tickets range from $49-770. Details at ticketmaster.com.
• DISTRIKT of Columbia has its BM 2018 Fundraiser on Saturday, July 28 at 8 p.m. at Flash (645 Florida Ave., N.W.). Tickets are $8-15 and available at ticketfly.com.
• Alan Cumming performs his cabaret show “Legal Immigrant” on Saturday, July 28 at 8 p.m. at the Kennedy Center (2700 F St., N.W.). Tickets are $59-349 at kennedy-center.org.
• “The Ask Rayceen Show” is the first Wednesday of each month and has its next installment on Wednesday, Aug. 1 with a poetry slam. Look for the event on Facebook for details.
• OutWrite 2018, D.C.’s LGBT Literary Festival, is Aug. 3-5 mostly at the D.C. Center (2000 14th St., N.W.) although the Laughing Out Loud kickoff event will be held at Ten Tigers Parlour (3813 Georgia Ave., N.W.) with Michelle Tea and Chelsea Shorte. Tickets are $15 in advance or $20 at the door. Full details on the festival at thedccenter.org.
• World of Rose on the Rooftop is Saturday, Aug. 4 at 2 p.m. at City Winery (1350 Okie St., N.E.) with Vanessa Phillips leading patrons through a sampling of 50 rose samples. Tickets are $45. Details at citywinery.com.
• Taste of Studio is Saturday, Aug. 4 at 11 a.m. at Studio Theatre (1501 14th St., N.W.) offering art, culture and culinary excellence under one roof. Tickets start at $50. Details at studiotheatre.org.
• Distrkt C’s Rehoboth Beach weekend party is Aug. 4-5. Deborah Cox will perform on Saturday, Aug. 4 at the Rehoboth Beach Convention Center. Various passes and packages are available. Details at distrktc.ticketspice.com.
• Sistas Who Travel will host a drag brunch on Saturday, Aug. 11 from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. at Dirty Martini (1223 Connecticut Ave., N.W.). Tickets are $40. Look for the event on Facebook for details.
• Distrkt C Winter White party is Saturday, Aug. 11 at the D.C. Eagle (3701 Benning Rd., N.E.) with Twisted Dee Martello. Tickets are $20. Details at distrktc.ticketspice.com.
• Shakira brings her “El Dorado World Tour” to Capital One Arena (601 F St., N.W.) on Saturday, Aug. 11. CHCK PRICES. Details at ticketmaster.com.
• The Restaurant Association Metropolitan Washington has its Summer Restaurant Week Aug. 13-19. Details and participating restaurants at rwdmv.com.
• “Express Yourself! Madonna’s 60th Birthday Flow” is Thursday, Aug. 16 at 6 p.m. at 405 Yoga D.C. (1000 Florida Ave., N.W.). Tickets at clients.mindbodyonline.com.
• The LGBT Biz Pitch Competition from the National LGBT Chamber of Commerce is Friday, Aug. 17 at 11:30 a.m. at the chamber (729 15th St., N.W.). Details at nglcc.org.
• BARE (every third Saturday) has its ninth annual White Party on Saturday, Aug. 18 at 10 p.m. at Cobalt (1639 R St., N.W.). Wear white. Look for the event on Facebook for details.
• “Hard Paint (Tinta Bruta)” screens on Friday, Aug. 24 at 7 p.m. at HRC Headquarters (1640 Rhode Island Ave., N.W.) from Reel Affirmations. Details at reelaffirmations.org.
• The 17th Street Festival is Saturday, Aug. 25 from noon-6 p.m. on the 1500-1600 blocks of 17th Street. Look for the event on Facebook for details.