Queer band Avan Lava performs at Living Social (918 F St., N.W.) on Aug. 2 at 8:30 p.m. as part of its “Emerging Artists Concert Series.”
The Brooklyn-based band has a disco-cum-new wave sound. Its members are outspokenly queer and the goal of their concerts is to create a safe and welcoming space for LGBT music fans.
Avan Lava’s last performance in D.C. was at the Brightest Young Things Capital Pride Party. They’ve also appeared on MTV and in New York Magazine.
- Survey finding 45 percent of gay men back Trump is ‘clickbaity, sloppy journalism’ by Chris Johnson | posted on September 18, 2020
- How the Trump administration is getting around Bostock to allow anti-trans discrimination by Chris Johnson | posted on September 16, 2020
- Facebook slaps fact check on ads stoking fears about transgender kids in girls sports by Chris Johnson | posted on September 15, 2020
- LGBTQ, Black Lives Matter activists protest alleged police brutality in PG County by Steph Purifoy | posted on September 16, 2020
- Black Restaurant Week starting Sept. 18 by Steph Purifoy | posted on September 16, 2020