Beginning today, the Blade will bring you a rundown of five of the top gay news stories we’re buzzing about each day, with links to the full stories around the web. The perfect pairing with your morning coffee.
- First, Russian lawmakers may be looking to make being gay against the law, according to San Diego LGBT Weekly.
- On Friday, a special issue of Life with Archie comics hit stands in Riverdale and across the U.S. where hometown hero, out gay veteran Kevin Keller announces plans to marry his partner Clay, a doctor he met when injured in Iraq.
- ‘Empty Nest’ daughter and 70s ‘Family’ star Kristy McNichol has come out to People magazine saying she wants to be “open about who I am.”
- Last week we reported that Washington Gov. Gregoire was to come out strongly in favor of legalizing same-sex marriage in that state; today Republican state Sen. Steve Litzow has announced he will back the bill, earning him praise from even the editorial board at the Seattle Times.
- Finally, if you’re looking for something to do in D.C. on Tuesday besides twiddle your thumbs, Outragedc.com tells us that Bar Zeba in Columbia Heights is hosting ‘Fab Tuesdays’ with $4 mojitos, $4 Absolut flavors, and $2 Kamikaze shots.
Now go take on the day!