Arts & Entertainment
Ryan Murphy hints at possibility of ‘Scream Queens’ return

Out television powerhouse Ryan Murphy wants to bring back his black comedy cult series “Scream Queens” – but fans of the slasher send-up shouldn’t get too excited yet.
Murphy, who has built an entertainment empire as creator of “American Horror Story,” “Pose,” “Glee,” “Feud,” and a host of other LGBTQ-favorite shows, said in an interview with Deadline that he would “be up for” a third season of the Fox series, but the decision isn’t his to make.
“Obviously I work for Netflix now,” said the Golden Globe and Emmy winner, and that the choice to bring back “Scream Queens,” belongs to “the studio who made it.”
“Emma said she would do it,” he continued, referring to Emma Roberts, the series’ star. “Lea Michelle said she would do it, Jamie Lee Curtis, Abigail Breslin, Billie Lourd are all in. So, it would depend if Fox wants to do it. I think we’d all do it. I think we’re waiting for them to call us.”
He intimated that the time would be right thanks to a recent spike in the show’s popularity on Hulu, where the original two seasons are available for streaming. “I don’t know if time has caught up to it, or it takes a while for people to get things,” he said, “but yes, I’d be up for it. The fans should write Fox and say they want this, Fox Studios and the network.”
In the interview, Murphy also dropped some teasers about the future of “American Horror Story,” heavily implying that next year’s tenth season will be set in space, and that it will reunite fan-favorite actors from the show’s past, such as Jessica Lange, Sarah Paulson, and Evan Peters.
“Too soon to tell,” he said, “but I’ll just sort of say, the people who helped build this show into what it is, who believed in it from the beginning, have been contacted and are interested.”
In addition, though the hit FX show – which has racked up 96 Emmy nominations so far – currently has no contract to extend past next year, he expressed careful confidence that the show will continue “beyond season 10.”
Equality Prince William Pride was held at the Harris Pavilion in Manassas, Va. on Saturday, May 16.
(Washington Blade photos by Landon Shackelford)















Photos
PHOTOS: Blade Summer Kickoff Party
Ashley Biden accepts award for Beau Biden at annual Rehoboth fundraiser
The 19th annual Blade Foundation Summer Kickoff Party was held on Friday, May 15 at Diego’s in Rehoboth Beach, Del. An award presentation was held for former Delaware Attorney General Beau Biden. Ashley Biden accepted the award on her brother’s behalf and gave remarks. Other speakers included Delaware state Rep. Claire Snyder-Hall, CAMP Rehoboth Executive Director Dr. Robin Brennan and Washington Blade Editor Kevin Naff. The event was a fundraiser for the Steve Elkins Memorial Fellowship in Journalism.
(Washington Blade photos by Daniel Truitt)














Photos
PHOTOS: Taste of Point
Annual fundraiser supporting LGBTQ youth scholarships and mentorships held at Room & Board
The Point Foundation held the annual Taste of Point fundraiser at Room & Board on Wednesday, May 13.
(Washington Blade photos by Michael Key)















