Morning. If you’re in London right now, you’re probably reading this because the Olympics broke Grindr and there’s nothing else to do, now. Sorry. In local news, Frank Ocean is going to be in DC this week playing a show. Are you going? If you are, you’re lucky. Tickets are sold out (I really wanted to go), and he is currently #1 on R&B charts. Great job Frank (and please grant me that interview I’ve been begging your manager for)! Now here’s the news:
- After a lesbian was brutally attacked this week in Nebraska, hundreds showed up to an impromptu candlelight vigil calling for an end to violence against LGBT people, says JoeMyGod.
- Hey bottoms: new studies say you’re most at risk for HIV infection, so make sure he wraps it up!
- According to Towleroad: Martin Cizmar, the arts and culture editor of Portland Oregon’s weekly Williamette Week, returned his Eagle Scout badge to the Boy Scouts yesterday in protest of the group’s anti-gay policies. ALSO IN BOY SCOUT NEWS: Major League Soccer says they’re ending their relationship with the Boy Scouts (possibly over the gay ban?). Meanwhile, Panama’s scouts will try to cure their gay members.
- The Muppets have ended their Chick-fil-A kids meal toy partnership and decided to give all their Chick-fil-A money to GLAAD — something that should give their President and COO, Mr. Cathy, pause.
- Former Exodus International chair John Paulk — who famously got caught in J.R.’s right here in D.C. trying to pick up some mens about 13 years ago — may be separating from his wife of 20 years, dating a man, going to Portland Oregon gay bars, and definitely seeing a really bad hair dresser (but nice beard, dude – click through to see it).
VIDEO | To be filed under “big surprise,” Bristol Palin’s son is already using horrific homophobic language, calling aunt Willow “faggot.”
Of course, the Palin girls giggle, continuing to encourage this terrible behavior, winning Willow TV Mother of the year award. To think this family could have been one heartbeat away from running the country. (h/t JoeMyGod)