We’ve been up doing a lot of searching today because Box Turtle Bulletin reports that Peter Labarbara tweeted about the death of PFOX founder Anthony Falzarano last night, but we’ve been unable to independently verify that the ex-gay leader is dead. While we keep looking into that, here are five other gay news stories for you:
- Think Progress reports that California’s legislature has introduced a bill that would outlaw ex-gay therapies in that state.
- A Long Island New York group has gained approval from the National Parent Teacher Association to begin operating as the first ever PTA focused specifically on LGBT kids, according to the Chicago Tribune.
- All Out is putting pressure on Vladmir Putin to condemn the “no gay propaganda” bill in St. Petersburg.
- Phyllis Schlafly — who is still touring the nation spreading her message against feminism — came to DC this week and decided to add an anti-gay twist onto her stump speech, according to Right Wing Watch. Note: Schlafly has a gay son.
- The Task Force released a new study showing that genderqueer people face unique instances of discrimination because they don’t quite fit into any boxes that even many people in the LGBT community are familiar with. Interesting read worth checking out.
Finally, we may have finally beat them on the “Please, think of the children,” meme:
(Source: Protect All NC Families)