The gay military organization Servicemembers United held a “Countdown to Repeal” celebration at Town Danceboutique on Monday night. At the end of the countdown at midnight, members and supporters cheered the end of the military’s “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” policy.
(Washington Blade photos by Michael Key)
Michael Key has worked as a photojournalist for the Washington Blade since 2009 and is currently serving as the photo editor. He has worked on Capitol Hill, in the White House, on the campaign trail and in cities along the East Coast taking iconic photos documenting the extension of marriage benefits to same-sex couples, the repeal of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell," and other events of interest to the LGBT community. Follow Michael
- Pakistan bills offer unprecedented protections for transgender people by Helen Parshall | posted on August 16, 2017
- White people: this fight is now on our doorstep by Stephen A. Glassman | posted on August 17, 2017
- Summer Restaurant Week, D.C. Beer Week close out August dining season by Kristen Hartke | posted on August 17, 2017
- ‘Cirque du Soleil: OVO’ brings an insect world to life by Keith Loria | posted on August 17, 2017
- At least 13 dead after van plows into crowd in Barcelona by Michael K. Lavers | posted on August 17, 2017