The gay military organization Servicemembers United held a “Countdown to Repeal” celebration at Town Danceboutique on Monday night. At the end of the countdown at midnight, members and supporters cheered the end of the military’s “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” policy.
(Washington Blade photos by Michael Key)
Michael Key has worked as a photojournalist for the Washington Blade since 2009 and is currently serving as the photo editor. He has worked on Capitol Hill, in the White House, on the campaign trail and in cities along the East Coast taking iconic photos documenting the extension of marriage benefits to same-sex couples, the repeal of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell," and other events of interest to the LGBT community. Follow Michael
- Tide shifts on Initiative 77 as voters hear from workers by Mark Lee | posted on May 25, 2018
- Petworth Pride offers restaurant specials, games and more June 3 by Evan Caplan | posted on May 25, 2018
- Gay D.C. Council candidate wins Victory Fund endorsement by Lou Chibbaro Jr. | posted on May 25, 2018
- Hawaii governor signs bill banning conversion therapy for minors by Michael K. Lavers | posted on May 25, 2018
- Cuban authorities not ‘directly’ targeting LGBTI asylum seeker’s partner by Michael K. Lavers | posted on May 26, 2018