November 23, 2011 at 10:31 am EDT | by Staff reports
Police log: November 25
The D.C. Metropolitan Police Department’s Gay & Lesbian Liaison Unit participated in the following investigations:
- On Nov. 20, in the 1800 block of Bryant Street, N.E., a complainant and a suspect were involved in a verbal altercation over ending their relationship. Toward the end of the argument the suspect threatened a second man, his stepfather. The suspect fled the scene prior to MPD arrival. The case remains open.
- On Nov. 18 in the 400 block of C Street, N.W., a disorderly customer was escorted out of a restaurant by police. The individual claimed being assaulted by the restaurant manager. An investigation revealed there was no assault. An incident report was taken.
- On Nov. 18 in the 2900 block of 18th Street, N.W., a man reported he was involved in a verbal altercation with his boyfriend. The argument escalated and the suspect struck the victim several times causing minor injuries. The victim refused medical treatment. The suspect was arrested on the scene.
- On Nov. 16 in the 2300 block of Martin Luther King Jr. Ave., S.E., a complainant reported accidentally bumping into a suspect. An argument ensued and the suspect made comments against the complainant’s national origin and then slapped the person. The suspect then left the area. A bias-motivated simple assault report was taken.
- On Nov. 16 in the 1500 block of 18th St., N.W., a man reported that he and his boyfriend were engaged in an argument. The suspect shoved and then kicked the victim and was arrested on the scene.
- On Nov. 16 in the 1500 block of W. Street, S.E., a woman and her roommate got into a verbal argument. After the argument, the suspect struck the victim in the chest. The suspect was arrested on the scene.