Two things: first, ‘Good Times’ Jimmie “J.J.” Walker already knows you’re going to call him an idiot because he doesn’t think you should have the same rights he does… AND SERIOUSLY, CHICK-FIL-A REALLY DOES HATE YOU! I mean they hate you, they hate you, they hate you. I know, I know. You love their deep-fried heart-attacks. There’s no getting through to you. Pass the fries. Here’s the news:
- For once, is GOProud actually standing up to homophobia, albeit from George Lopez?
- The San Jose Mercury News reports that the second effort to kill the California gay history curriculum law is now as dead as the effort’s supporters wish gay history was.
- Target may not like Frank Ocean as much as I do, but they are selling same-sex couple-appropriate wedding cards, to the chagrin of the religious right.
- “…usually black women that look like me don’t engage in relationships like that.” Florida’s Lieutenant Gov. Jennifer Carroll thinks she’s too pretty (or perhaps not pretty enough) to be a lesbian, according to a quote from Tampa Bay’s 10 News WTSP. Which means she thinks you’re uglier (or prettier) than her. How you take that depends on whether you want to feel angry or flattered today.
- Queerty tells us that a new AMC reality show, ‘Small Town Security,’ is the only show on television currently featuring an actual trans-masculine cast member.
VIDEO | OMG Sarah Silverman wants to have traditional lesbian sex with one of Romney’s biggest billionaire backers… who is a man.
BONUS | special Frank Ocean coverage:
- Lots of good press, according to Towleroad, surrounding the release of ‘Channel Orange,’ the newly out star’s first solo EP.
- 50 Cent backs Frank Ocean and same-sex marriage, blasting anyone who says word one about the rising R&B star, says BET.
- But things aren’t totally rosy. There have been tons of hate tweets toward the star according to GoodAsYou.
- And Ocean’s coming out honesty may have a positive effect on the careers of these young rising gay hip hop stars profiled in Global Grind.
Finally, watch straight rapper MURS’ (graphic, NSFW) new video for ‘Animal Style,’ in which he sends a strong message about anti-gay hate, though, take heed, it WILL make you cry.