Ann Coulter tweets a lovely little message to LGBT people: “Last Thursday was national ‘coming out’ day. This Monday is national ‘disown your son’ day.” Isn’t she lovely? Maybe or maybe not unrelated, SLDN’s service members’ hotline has received its 12,000 call for assistance. Now here’s the news:
- Russian news outlets are reporting that masked men have attacked a Moscow gay bar, and Towleroad has collected several accounts that three people were hospitalized for their injuries, one girl with a serious eye injury. Anyone have a guess as to why Russian anti-gay hoodlums are becoming more bold and brazen in violently attacking innocent LGBT people?
- Truth Wins Out has the smoking gun: former Minnesota GOP operative admits — yep — the marriage amendment IS about turning out Republican votes.
- The Guardian reports on a Liberty University Christian conservative who spent a serious year undercover pretending to be gay: even coming out to his best friends, his family, and his classmates. The result? Not only does he say his faith is stronger, he is now a supporter of full LGBT equality. Is there a lesson in this for people on either side?
- Uh oh, Boy Scouts of America. Your donors are getting an earful over your anti-gay policies from some big players, says Dallas Voice. How many are you going to be able to convince to stick around, despite the bad P.R.?
- An Omaha Nebraska-area town council has rejected an employment nondiscrimination ordinance, with one council member saying that the town should not be a “gay friendly” city, and that it was against their local morals, says the Omaha World Herald.
- Still not out to someone? Want to stay that way? Well, according to the Wall Street Journal, you’re probably going to have to get off Facebook completely then. Don’t worry if you do: you can still comment anonymously on our articles if you scroll down!
- Mercury News reports an Alabama Court upheld that state’s marriage ban, saying that a lesbian can’t adopt her partner’s child because of it. How hospitable.
VIDEO | The best Marriage News Watch ever: dissolve marriage opponents’ arguments completely:
So have you memorized it yet?